Our goal is to teach our young people that physical beauty is temporary (Psalm 39:11), and that we must not make it an idol in our lives. We need to cultivate inner beauty and character in the students so that they will not feel the need to draw attention to themselves with immodest actions or clothing (1 Peter 3:1-5). God calls us to present our bodies as living sacrifices and not to be conformed to the world’s standards (Rom 12:1-2).
Our dress code is simple: we want to teach and model to the students what kinds of clothes are pleasing to God. Therefore our dress code, for students and leaders, is as follows:
- No undergarments (or lack thereof) showing (bra straps & underwear).
- Swimsuits-Girls can wear a one-piece or (HS ONLY) can wear a tankini/fitted Shirt (not see through) covering all midriff. Boys cannot wear shorts too low.
- No midriffs or cleavage exposed and no see-through clothing.
- No ungodly T-shirts.
- No clothing that is too tight. Leggings cannot be worn as pants unless covered by shorts or with a long shirt that covers past the hips.
- No short shorts – must reach at least to fingertips.
Our intention is not to become dress police, but we must maintain an environment for spiritual growth. Always confront a young person in private! Unless unavoidable, a young person should always be corrected by their small group leader (with whom they already have a relationship). Remember: Rules without relationship leads to rebellion. However, please be aware that we need to be sensitive with visitors, since they are probably unaware of our dress code.